Thursday, January 3, 2008

Getting ready to leave

Four days now til I get on my banana boat to cross the Atlantic. I had hoped to have done lots of work to this blog by then, posting up concise and lively background information about agrofuels and how they are affecting the environment and leading to human rights abuses.

As it turns out, that didn't happen. Partly because I've been ignoring my trip as avidly as possible, while living in the moment and enjoying time with the beloved boyfriend, who through an accident of timing, I only met last summer.
My boat takes 12 days, goes via Guadeloupe and Martinique, and should arrive in Cartegena around January 19th. I'll be going promptly to Bogota where I shall meet people from www.redcolombia.org who seem to be very clear about the fact I shall be useful to have about.

Apparently there is another woman who booked through Strand Travel like me, so maybe I shall assume she's English. I'm certainly hoping she'll play canasta. There will be up to 4 others. I'm kinda hoping there won't be internet on the boat, but if there is, I'll let you know of any whale sightings.

No comments: